In this third installment of the Ask Jackie series, we get into several reader/listener questions about all things travel.
We discuss ways to make dollars stretch on the road, when is an appropriate time to start researching flights, what is the best way to book a last-minute flight, if it’s possible to travel for a month with a 25-lb luggage limit, what happens when you have to modify or change plans that have been made, how much of a trip should be planned out, and how to travel with a 9-5 job and two weeks vacation.
Join us here and on the BMT Community group on Facebook to get your questions answered!
This post contains affiliate links.
Episode 49 Show Notes
1. 2:29 – Have you found some great tricks and tips to make your euros stretch in Spain/Portugal?
2. 4:32 – When is a good time to start researching flights for a trip?
3. 6:24 – Is there ever an advantage to waiting until the day before or the day of to buy a ticket?
- Try Hotwire for last minute flights
4. 8:49 – Is it possible to pack for a month in a carry on with only 25 lbs of luggage?
- This pack fully packed weighed 22 lbs – How to Pack for a Month in 5 Countries in a Carry-On
5. 10:20 – Can you explain one time you had to modify plans and the best options?
6. 12:31 – My daughter is off to Amsterdam for a year and needs to buy a backpack, what would you recommend?
7. 14:28 – How much of a trip should I book?
8. 18:04 – How do I incorporate travel into my current lifestyle as I only have 10 days of annual leave?
- How to Travel With Only Two Weeks Vacation
- BMT 029: Taking a Corporate America Job Overseas with Julie Smith
- BMT oo5: Volunteering Abroad’s Best Kept Secret – Workaway
- Volunteering Abroad in Mexico via Workaway
- Volunteering and Working Abroad
- BMT 024: Finding Jobs Abroad with Kodee Cloninger
- BMT 019: New Zealand Working Holiday Visa with Katie Wert
- New Zealand Working Holiday Visa Over 30 Years Old
Open questions – please help if you know the answer! Leave a comment below or come over to the Facebook community to answer these questions:
9. 23:33 – Traveling with musical instruments: checking, carry-on, what should we do, what should we know?
10. 24:52 – Does anyone from India know about securing travel/working visas for Indian citizens?
Give the show some LOVE (please!)
If you love the show and want to see it succeed, please leave a review on iTunes – click here to leave a review (or to read the awesome review from the farmer), and thanks so much in advance!