That’s right, they’re back! We first met the Bensons in episode 67, when they were planning to sell their house and hit the road for a year with their three boys. This adventurous family of five has now been on the road for six months and is here to catch us up on their experience thus far. Today we get to see how things have turned out for them on their travels, including the good, the fabulous, the bad, and the very ugly. Find out what they have learned, where they’re going next, and how this trip has changed everything for them.
Meet the Bensons:
Click here to listen to episode 67 and read more about each of the Benson family members, as well as what their goals were and are for this huge life change.
I had SO many questions for them for this round, in this conversation we get into:
- How Duane copes with going home and leaving his family
- The best and the worst things that have happened: Noah had to throw a punch! And why Rebekah’s backpack was stolen
- How the planned itinerary has changed, and what’s coming in 2017, including surprising plans for Christmas
- How they did with their packing, what has worked and what hasn’t worked: Why Duane ditched the Farpoint 55
- What ended up happening with Noah’s dog at home
- Dealing with allergies on the road: Rebekah has celiac and Noah is allergic to pets
- How “school” is going for the kids
- What their biggest fear is going forward
Things we mentioned:
- Fernando’s Coffee in Antigua, Guatemala
- Spanish school in Guatemala: Spanish Academy Antiguena
- Why self defense classes are important!
- Digestive enzymes (Here are some recommended by my Naturopath)
- Duane’s new pack – LowePro Trekker 450 combined with this daypack by Timbuk2
- Packing cubes are a must
- My packing list for a year in a carry on
- That post I mentioned about Being Brave When Fear Comes Knocking
Please support the show!
- Tell your friends about it!
Thanks so much in advance!