As we approach episode 100, I’m bringing back some of our favorite guests from over the years to talk about where they are now. Today we chat with Maddy Wolfe, whom you’ll remember from episodes 66 and 77. When we first met her, she was about to graduate college and take a job teaching English in Israel for a year. The second time we talked to her, she was in the middle of her year in Israel, and now, she is on the other side of another year abroad teaching English in Malaysia. Join us today as we chat solo travel, the Fulbright ETA program, loneliness, coming home after two years of teaching English overseas, and what’s next for Maddy.
- Listen to Maddy’s first interview, about to graduate college and move to Israel.
- Listen to Maddy’s second interview, halfway through her year in Israel.
- Check out a post that Maddy wrote about her decision to leave the US and move to the Middle East.
Find details and subscribe to get updates for my group trips here: travelingjackie.com/trips
Fulbright research grants AND English Teaching Assistant Program
Maddy’s advice for returning home: Follow the path of most excitement. Think about the value that travel provides for you, how can you find that value in activities in your own back yard?
Malaysian McDonald’s Nasi lemak burger:
Link to loneliness post: Even Superwoman Gets Lonely
Find Maddy @msilkwolfe on Instagram
Find Maddy in the BMT Community on Facebook
Please show your support!
You can do so in many ways:
- Please leave a review in iTunes – click here to leave a review and thanks so much in advance!
- Be sure to subscribe
- Tell your friends about it!
- Follow me on IG and tell me how much you love the show @travelingjackie