I always recommend that travelers get some sort of travel insurance before starting a trip. This is a big subject and can be confusing in many ways, so I’m here to break it down for you. In this episode I outline 8 things I look for in a travel insurance plan and what they mean to the traveler. I also recommend two websites where you can purchase your plans and I walk you through the process of getting quoted for your trip online.
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for complete list of The Budget Minded Traveler Podcast episodes
- Love what you hear? Please leave me a review in iTunes! Click here for instructions
Episode 28 Show Notes
What you will hear in this episode:
Why you should get a travel insurance plan, what 8 things I look for in a good plan, where and how to get a plan online.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
Remember to check your credit card to see if it offers travel insurance, and if it does, purchase your flight with that card to insure your trip.
What to look for in a travel insurance plan:
Refer to my Travel Insurance page for more details
1. Trip Cancellation (pre-departure) and Trip Interruption (post-departure)
2. Travel Delay
3. Baggage Delay coverage
4. Lost Baggage coverage
5. Accidental Death (Common Carrier or Flight)
6. Medical Evacuation
Learn more about Pharmacies Overseas
8. Extreme Sports coverage
Where to buy travel insurance:
Give the show some LOVE (please!)
If you love the show and want to help keep it going, please leave a review in iTunes – click here to leave a review and thanks in advance!