Two years ago, John Owed declared (on the podcast) his intent to break away from his office job to explore the world and realign his daily life with his personal priorities. He is from Ohio and was working with a company in Australia at the time. According to him, his life was a script written by someone else. After his declaration and change of mindset, he rewrote everything, and he’s here to share about his last two years of establishing himself on his own in Australia, and even meeting the girl of his dreams.
Current Location: Sydney, Australia
Hometown: Toledo, Ohio
In May 2015, 1.5 years after moving to Sydney for a job opportunity, I decided to quit and go travel. I had no plans other than a trip to Bali one month later so I was open to many avenues of how my life would unfold.
Looking back, so many great things have taken place that otherwise would have not.
– meeting the girl of my dreams who is now my fiancé
– landing an exciting role at a Sydney based startup
– a new passion and ability to balance finances, health, relationships, work & travel
The risk was well worth it.
- Under 30 Experiences – Podcast episode 20 with Matt Wilson
- On loneliness and community – Even Superwoman Gets Lonely (Traveling Jackie blog)
- Australian Working Holiday Visa
- Housing search – gumtree.com.au (like Craigslist)
- Working Holiday Visa New Zealand (podcast episode 19)
- John’s company – Data Republic
- John’s guest post on BMT – 7 Ways to Travel That Will Enhance Your Life, Relationships, and Happiness
- John is more than willing to talk to you about how he saved and restructured to make his leap possible, simply contact him on Facebook or Instagram
- Follow John on Instagram @johnohealth
- Find John on Facebook
Please support the show!
- Tell your friends about it!
Thanks so much in advance!