I’ve done my bike tours and I lived to talk about them!
Join me and Jim Johnson, Founder of BikeTours.com, again today as I reflect on my experience participating in two different bike tours for the first time ever, including a 200-mile week-long solo ride from Germany to Vienna, Austria on the Danube Bike Path. We dispel the concerns I had, take reader questions, and even give YOU a special incentive to get on a bike yourself!
Listen to the previous episode (Part I of this conversation), BEFORE I went on my bike tours.
This episode is sponsored by BikeTours.com. They offer over 200 bike tours in 40 countries across Europe, including both of the tours I experienced that you’re going to hear about in the next episode, along with a special gift, so stay tuned! Meanwhile, help me give them some love for supporting the show. Follow BikeToursdotcom on Instagram and check out the affordable and adventurous bike tours they have hand-selected to offer on their website.
PROMO CODE ALERT!! Use code JACKIE to save $100 on the Danube Bike Path Upscale Lodging tour on BikeTours.com, the same tour I did!
Video: Pre-Bike Tour Concerns Dispelled
Video: Cycling in Austria
Video: Cycling in Portugal
Video: E-Bike Magic
Click here to see my bike tour packing list.
We answered these reader questions:
- Where do you keep your clothes while you ride? Jim mentioned Chamois Butt’r to avoid chafing
- How much does it cost?
- Is it flat? What about hills?
- How many hours a day are you riding?
- Is it appropriate for families?
- Do I have to have expert map reading skills?
- I’m not a biker, is this something most people can do?
As promised, here is my first boomerang ever, you’ll need to swipe to see the badassery.
Check out my photo albums on Facebook:
Check out the next episode: Long-Distance Travel Running
Please show your support!
You can do so in many ways:
- Please leave a review in iTunes – click here to leave a review and thanks so much in advance!
- Be sure to subscribe
- Tell your friends about it!
- Follow me on IG and tell me how much you love the show @travelingjackie