Oktoberfest, Munich – A Beginner’s Guide
Everything you need to know about Oktoberfest in Munich, including advice about when to go, where to stay, eating, drinking, must-do’s, things to avoid, and safety tips.
Oktoberfest is the largest fair in the world, seeing almost 7 million visitors every year. Learn all about how to “do” one of my favorite festivals through this episode, and then put it on your bucket list!
Have more ideas about Oktoberfest in Munich? Please share them in the comments!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for a complete list of The Budget Minded Traveler Podcast episodes
- Love what you hear? Please leave me a review on iTunes! Click here for instructions
Episode 14 Show Notes
- Click to view more from Oktoberfest on my YouTube Channel
- My blogpost about Oktoberfest, Munich, and why it should be on your bucket list!
- Read more about Oktoberfest history here
- A map to Oktoberfest at the Theresienwiese in Munich (it is at the Theresienwiese metro stop if you go that route):
- The official Oktoberfest dates
- Check for hotels via Booking.com (this is what I would use to find the best deals)
- Read this post for more info about Couchsurfing or visit the Couchsurfing website
- Check out this interview I did as a guest on another podcast about Couchsurfing
- Use this link to get to the individual tent websites to find out more about reservations at Oktoberfest
- Finally, get yourself one of these to make the Oktoberfest experience 100% more fun (C&A has them cheapest in downtown Munich!) Remember, Lederhosen for men and Dirndl for women, tie your bow on the right and skirt below the knee if you’re taken, bow on left and skirt above the knee if you’re single.