Advice and reflections from 2.5 years on the longest road in the world.
We first met Ford back in episode 81 when he came on the show to talk about his solo journey from the US down the Pan-American Highway. He was in Colombia at the time, and now, after 2.5 years on the road, he is back home. He joins us today to reflect on the journey and give tons of great advice for anyone considering driving the Pan-American Highway.
I actually met up with Ford in person last fall and we drove through Chilean Patagonia together (the Carretera Austral) for about five weeks. We will continue this conversation in the next episode to talk about that specific part of his journey as well.
Check out my ultimate guide to the Carretera Austral, which Ford and I drove together in December of 2017.
Check out my first interview with Ford about the top half of his journey down the Pan-American Highway.
Ford pulled out of his driveway in Georgia in October 2015 to start driving his truck down the Pan-American Highway, all the way to the end of the world in Ushuaia, Argentina. He is on a mission to break stereotypes between Latinos and Gringos (“Americans”), live & experience first-hand cultural experiences, find the best adventures, learn Spanish, and show that “America” is a continent and not a country.
Episode 88 Show Notes
- How to Drive the Carretera Austral, Patagonia’s Ultimate Road Trip
- Machupicchu, Peru: Ford recommends the Salkantay Trek
- Salt Flats Bolivia Lagunas Route, ending in San Pedro de Atacama
- Find Ford @wheresthegringo
Overlanding friends mentioned:
- #ashlivin @aatre
Please show your support!
You can do so in many ways:
- Please leave a review in iTunes – click here to leave a review (or to read an awesome review from a farmer) and thanks so much in advance!
- Be sure to subscribe
- Tell your friends about it!
- Follow me on IG and tell me how much you love the show @travelingjackie