If Machu Picchu is not already on your bucket list, put it on there right now.
Then listen to this episode, which is all about Peru travel tips. I cover immunizations, plane tickets, packing, booking tours, hiking Machu Picchu, and traveling all throughout the country.
Do you still have questions? Ask them in the comments section below, I will try to answer whatever I can!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for complete list of The Budget Minded Traveler Podcast episodes
- Love what you hear? Please leave me a review in iTunes! Click here for instructions
Episode 27 Show Notes
What you will hear in this episode:
I had a lot of questions before I went to Peru, so I try my best to start from the beginning and answer these questions as I take you through a 3-week trip that we did 3 years ago.
We get into details about immunizations, what you need, where to find out the current requirements, and where you can get these administered to you, and the importance of taking care of this early.
I love packing and I know you probably don’t, so I make it easy by taking you through a packing list, which you can also find below and in more depth in this Machu Picchu and Peru Packing List post.
Lastly, I take you on a recommended route throughout Peru, offering suggestions of activities along the way.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode
- Check out a detailed Machu Picchu and Peru Packing List here
- Use this link to find out immunizations for Peru, along with any other health information you may want
- Information about passports, visas, immunizations
- Read my story about losing my international vaccine record: Death Trains, Yellow Fever, and Red Flags (and DON’T lose your vaccine card)
- Climate in Peru. Remember, THE Inca Trail closes for maintenance in February
- How to Choose the Perfect Travel Backpack (watch this short video, it’s important)
- I used my Gregory Jade 50 (watch my review of this backpack)
- Complete packing list for Machu Picchu/Peru
Lima – Cusco (book your MP tour) – Machu Picchu – Cusco – Arequipa (Colca Canyon- condors!) – Ica (Huacachina and sand dunes) – Paracas (Paracas National Reserve and Islas Ballestas tour) – Lima
- Check out episode 11: 8 Secrets to Finding the Best Deals on Flights to make sure you get your ticket as cheap as possible, or use miles if you can
Give the show some LOVE (please!)
If you love the show and want to help keep it going, please leave a review in iTunes – click here to leave a review and thanks in advance!