Laugh with us today as Costas and I get into how to plan a sailing trip. Costas is from Greece and has been putting together sailing trips with his friends for almost 20 years, he knows what he’s talking about! Sit back and take notes as the pro dishes out the details for pricing, budgeting, food, people, destinations, boats, skippers, packing, seasickness, and more. Just don’t listen at work and try to hide it, you’ll laugh out loud too much.
Costas Mantratzis is a Stockholm-based technologist and a constant traveller in search of his next place to call home. He has lived in six countries but is most at home on a sailing yacht somewhere between all of them. Despite years of travel experience, he still stuffs his backpack with all sorts of “just-in-case” photo gadgets and likes to pretend they weigh nothing while lugging them up steep slopes just to get the right shot.
Costas’ YouTube channel (he creates amazing videos from his travels!)
Fun fact: Costas and I met in the depths of Patagonia, Argentina during Christmas 2017! Here’s a photo of us stuffing our faces with ALL THE BEEF.
This episode is sponsored by BikeTours.com! They offer over 200 bike tours in 40 countries across Europe, including both of the tours I experienced that we talked about in episode 91. There’s a special gift for you in that episode too, so don’t miss it! Follow BikeToursdotcom on Instagram and check out the affordable and adventurous bike tours they have hand selected to offer on their website. Listen to me recap my experience riding a bike 220 miles SOLO across Austria!
Listen to this episode to hear us talk about:
- Google sailboats for rent in _____ (just like renting a car)
- Rent yachts “Bare boat” or with a skipper
- €1,000/wk with skipper – going rental rate in europe
- Tips for Greece sailing trips
- How to rent a sailboat with a skipper
- Sailing in the Mediterranean
- Sailing in Greece, Croatia, Italy, Whitsundays
- Biggest problem with planning a sailing trip
- Best types of people for sailing trips
- How to create a successful flotilla
- Sailing boat bed situations and facilities
- Packing for sailing trips
- Tips for preventing seasickness
Please show your support!
You can do so in many ways:
- Please leave a review in iTunes – click here to leave a review and thanks so much in advance!
- Be sure to subscribe
- Tell your friends about it!
- Follow me on IG and tell me how much you love the show @travelingjackie