One year ago, Montana photographer Andy Austin bought a converted van and moved his life onto the road. Since then he has chased countless sunrises and sunsets, dealt with check engine lights, had coffee over campfires, and collected endless stories under the stars, sometimes down by the river, sometimes in Walmart parking lots. Today, he joins us on the show to share the highs and lows of the not-always-glamorous experience he wouldn’t exchange for anything: the reality behind the romanticized #vanlife.
About Andy and Vanlife
Andy Austin is a Montana-based adventure travel photographer currently living on the road in a converted van. Graduating with honors in Psychology in 2013, Andy also played football during his four and a half years at Montana State University. His clients include National Geographic Traveller, the World Wildlife Fund, Reebok, Danner Boots, Garmin GPS and more. Andy’s goal is to inspire his social media followers to get out and see the beautiful world around them, even if it’s in their own backyard.
Watch a video from vanlife.
Episode 80 Show Notes
- Andy on Instagram: @andyandthevan + @andyaustinphoto
- Andy’s blog: andyandthevan.com
- Andy’s project bringing bikes to Jordan
- The Budget-Minded Traveler Blueprint online course: Click here to get started.
Please show your support!
You can do so in many ways:
- Please leave a review in iTunes – click here to leave a review (or to read an awesome review from a farmer) and thanks so much in advance!
- Be sure to subscribe
- Tell your friends about it!