It’s so much more than working with sea turtles. I just returned from an incredible week exploring Baja California Sur, during which we stayed at RED Travel Mexico’s camp in Magdalena Bay for a night. The location of this camp is in the middle of nowhere, accessible only by unmarked dirt roads and boats. The effort these guys have put in to build their camp is incredible. It is a magical place that works in the name of connecting and educating people for sea turtle conservation. Join me on an adventure to this camp as I interview RED Travel Mexico’s founder Luis Garduño.
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for a complete list of The Budget Minded Traveler Podcast episodes
- Love what you hear? Please leave me a review on iTunes! Click here for instructions
About RED Travel Mexico
At RED, we see travel as a vehicle for change, and through our projects create the space for that change to occur. Much more than a tour operator, RED links community development with wildlife and habitat conservation through tourism, implementing projects that go beyond sustainability to regeneration of habitat, communities, traditions and culture.
RED is a hybrid social enterprise that combines a for-profit tour operator that offers world class Conservation Adventures, with a non-profit organization that provides training, small business incubation and technical assistance in rural communities throughout northwest Mexico. The two independent vehicles share the same objectives to:
- Create sustainable employment alternatives
- Generate direct benefits for conservation and natural resource management
- Drive tourism development in Mexico towards more sustainable and regenerative models
Visit www.redtravelmexico.com for more information.
Episode 42 Show Notes
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- RED Travel Mexico’s website
- RED’s sea turtle conservation partner in Magdalena Bay – Grupo Tortuguero
- RED Travel Mexico’s adventures
- Read the full story about my experience with RED Travel here
Thanks again to Luis for sharing with us!
Give the show some LOVE (please!)
If you love the show and want to see it succeed, please leave a review on iTunes – click here to leave a review, and thanks so much in advance!