In this second installment of the Ask Jackie sessions, we tackle the following questions:
- Should my girlfriend and I share a smartphone?
- Should we take a camera that is better than an iPhone?
- Should we take a camp stove?
- Is coffee available on the road?
- What about health insurance for long-term travel?
- I have very limited travel and work experience, is it going to be hard for me to get a job on Workaway?
- Have you ever gotten Japanese Encephalitis or Rabies immunizations?
- How expensive is it to study abroad?
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for a complete list of The Budget Minded Traveler Podcast episodes
- Love what you hear? Please leave me a review on iTunes! Click here for instructions
This post contains affiliate links.
Episode 29 Show Notes
What you will hear in this episode:
Questions I answer in this episode from readers and listeners:
1. Should my girlfriend and I share a smartphone?
3:07 – short answer is no
- Awesome apps I highly recommend: Voxer, Maps.me
- 7 Travel Apps I Can’t Live Without
2. Should we take a camera that is better than an iPhone?
4:12 – personal preference, I say definitely
- Canon EOS M – Best camera for travel
3. Should we take a camp stove?
6:09 – not unless you’re camping all the time
4. Is coffee available on the road?
6:54 – YES.
5. What about health insurance for long-term travel?
8:01 – ehealthinsurance.com, insuremytrip.com
6. I have very limited travel and work experience, is it going to be hard for me to get a job on Workaway?
10:48 – No – Check out episode on Workaway or read this post about our recent Workaway experience in Mexico
7. Have you ever gotten Japanese Encephalitis or Rabies immunizations?
12:30 – No – Check out this page for help with immunizations
- Link to a drop-down list of countries
- Link to find a clinic near you
- Don’t lose your International Certificate of Vaccination. Read this blog post about my experience in Brazil to find out why you should NEVER lose it!
8. How expensive is it to study abroad?
16:42 – Expect to pay tuition plus room and board and materials. It can be very pricy, don’t forget about scholarships. My program in Costa Rica and Italy was called USAC, and my program in Brazil was Step1 Idiomas.
Read my Yahoo Travel article about studying abroad at any age.
Give the show some LOVE (please!)
If you love the show and want to help keep it going, please leave a review on iTunes – click here to leave a review, and thanks in advance!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download