Casey Wong bought a motorcycle and shipped it to South America, where he proceeded to ride it from Colombia to Argentina, on his own.
In Ecuador, he ran into a friend of mine, which prompted an introduction to me and eventually a few beers in person as he passed through Bariloche, where I happened to be living in Argentina. With the notorious Patagonian winds, questionable roads, and oncoming winter, I worried about his safety as he continued south.
A year later, we get to hear the complete story of Casey’s motorcycle adventures through South America, including best resources for traveling motorcyclists, how to ship a bike to South America, logistics and advice for the road, and what Casey always, always kept in stock on his bike, no matter what sort of challenges he faced.
- Casey’s travel blog on medium
- iOverlander app – crowdsourced camping info site (Read more about this on my guide to the Carretera Austral in Chile)
- Used klr650.net to sell his bike
- Blog post on riding in Colombia
- Casey on Instagram: @caseypeterwong
Please show your support!
You can do so in many ways:
- Please leave a review in iTunes – click here to leave a review (or to read an awesome review from a farmer) and thanks so much in advance!
- Be sure to subscribe
- Tell your friends about it!
- Take the shortcut to traveling the world sooner and smarter, with me as your guide!