In this episode of The Budget-Minded Traveler podcast, Karen Morris shares the details about her two experiences teaching English abroad with TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) in Spain and Vietnam. Find out the cheapest way to get a TEFL certificate, how to secure a job overseas, and some advice about what to expect through this incredible opportunity.
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for complete list of The Budget Minded Traveler Podcast episodes
- Love what you are hearing? Please leave me a review in iTunes!
Episode 9 Show Notes
Karen Morris grew up in a small town south of Austin, Texas. She first traveled abroad shortly after high school graduation, spending 6 weeks traveling around Honduras with a friend. Karen has since traveled extensively in Latin America, Europe, and Southeast Asia, spending 4 years living and teaching abroad in both Spain and Vietnam. Karen currently teaches at a one-room schoolhouse outside of Bozeman, Montana, where she resides with her soon to be husband.
- i-to-i online TEFL program (Budget option to complete TEFL at own pace online)
- Loquo (Classified ads in Spain)
- Dave’s ESL Cafe (Source for finding English teaching jobs abroad)
- International House (Source for finding English teaching jobs abroad)
- TEFL.com (Teaching English as a Foreign Language)
- Read more about DELTA certification
Check out US Passport and Travel Visa resources