Do you like playing games? I love playing games. My husband proposed to me via an incredible scavenger hunt. My best friend threw me a bachelorette party that consisted of a massive scavenger hunt. I love riddles, I love a challenge, and now I’ve come up with this crazy idea to incorporate a scavenger hunt into traveling. Why not, right?
The best part? YOU can play, too!
I am going to start by attempting to do as many of these as possible with my husband and brother on our upcoming trip to Europe – we’re headed to Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, and Greece.
So stay tuned and subscribe to my YouTube channel if you want to watch our crazy videos.
Travel Scavenger Hunt Requirements
- Must take place in a foreign country
- Must take a photo or a video to prove you’ve done it
- There are no prizes, this is just for FUN, but you should definitely share your score and some fun photos in the comments if nothing else!
Easy Challenges (2 points each)
- Take a photo with a really funny sign
- Try a brand new quirky food or drink that you aren’t already familiar with
- Take 3 different modes of transportation (must take 3 photos or videos)
- Jump into any type of water (“bonus points” for creativity!)
- Get a photo at the highest elevation of your trip
- Get a photo playing with perspective (see the example of leaning Tower of Pisa below)
Medium Challenges (5 points each)
- Post your best selfie with a crazy-looking person in the background (crazy-looking definition is up to you)
- Get a photo of you with the local fauna (that’s wildlife, people)
- Get a video of you doing an activity you have never done before
- Take 5 different modes of transportation (must take 5 photos or videos)
Hard Challenges (10 points each)
- Get a video of a local teaching you something in their language
- Get a photo with a local in every country you visit (must be at least 3 countries)
- Take 7 different modes of transportation (must have 7 photos or videos)
- Make up a “roses are red” poem for a historical monument using a fact that you learned about it
- Order food or drinks in the local (foreign) language (your native language does NOT count!)
- Learn a phrase in a foreign language and use it (for the first time)
- Sketch (like an Architect) a famous monument or building (photo must be of you with your sketch in front of the real thing!)
That’s it! There’s no catch, this is just a fun way to be present in the moment of where you are. Go have fun and share your experiences with us! (And if you have new ideas for more challenges, mention them in the comments so I can add them!)