Many of us wish we could get paid to travel. What we don’t always understand is that there are multiple ways to make that happen. Our guest for this episode is Miss Kodee Cloninger, a 26-year-old jet-setter who lets work opportunities take her overseas. Kodee shares how she found her various positions in different countries and gives us some ideas about how to look for temporary and seasonal work abroad. Kodee’s opinions are her own, unaffiliated with any of the organizations she references.
Kodee Cloninger was born in the beautiful state of Montana and has always had the desire to see and know all the beautiful places outside its borders. She focused her studies on politics, history, and international economics and has leveraged that passion to work abroad in a number of ways since college. Her adventures and opportunities have taken her to multiple Latin American countries in the last few years, and new doors are constantly opening for her, beckoning her to more corners of the world.
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for a complete list of The Budget Minded Traveler Podcast episodes
- Love what you hear? Please leave me a review on iTunes! Click here for instructions
Episode 24 Show Notes
What you will hear in this episode:
Kodee details several of the jobs that she has held overseas, including her time in Peru, Nicaragua, Guatemala, and the Dominican Republic. She also shares some tips about taking a TEFL course overseas like the one she did in Peru. Along with details about her own positions, she gives several tips about how to go about finding your own jobs abroad.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Máximo Nivel – Kodee’s job in Guatemala and TEFL course in Peru
- La Esperanza – Kodee’s volunteer job in Nicaragua
- Backdoorjobs.com – Short-term job opportunities overseas
- Visions – Kodee’s job in the Dominican Republic
- Don’t forget about Craigslist! Pay attention to overseas jobs on your own local Craigslist, or check Craigslist in your destination country for opportunities.
- You can also try a Google search – a Kodee says just type in exactly what you want to do and begin filtering through the search results.
- Kodee’s Open Road – Kodee’s blog
Thanks to Kodee
Thanks again to Kodee Cloninger for taking the time to share her experience about finding work abroad with us!
Give the show some LOVE (please!)
It would mean so much to me if you would take a moment to leave this show a review on iTunes, click here to leave a review, and thanks in advance!