The best ways to access your money overseas and how to save money on that in the process. Specific tips on how to use ATMs abroad, the best ATM card for travel, how to make sure you get the right exchange every time, what to look for in travel credit cards, how to handle cash abroad, how to order foreign currency from your bank, how to exchange leftover foreign currency, which credit cards are accepted overseas, why you should forget traveler’s checks, and two important tips to remember above all else when it comes to money abroad.
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for complete list of The Budget Minded Traveler Podcast episodes
- Love what you hear? Please leave me a review in iTunes! Click here for instructions
Episode 47 Show Notes
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
Major points of this episode:
- How to use your ATM card abroad
- The best debit card for travel
- Tips for bringing cash
- Using credit cards and foreign transaction fees, the worst credit cards for travel
- Bringing foreign currency with you
- What to do with leftover money
XE Currency (life saver app – never again will I pull $8 out of an ATM…)
How to Set Up a Charles Schwab Bank Account and Avoid ATM Fees Anywhere
How to Avoid Fees with Credit Cards Overseas
Whatever you do, don’t forget to call your bank to alert them you are taking your card out of the country, and always have a backup plan!
For more complete notes, please see 4 Easy Ways to Access Your Money Overseas
Give the show some LOVE (please!)
If you love the show and want to see it succeed, please leave a review in iTunes – click here to leave a review (or to read the awesome review from the farmer) and thanks so much in advance!